National Career Readiness Certificate Program
The NCRC® is accepted by more than 10,000 employers nationwide as a reliable way to verify individuals' work skills.
CERTIFYING ESSENTIAL WORK SKILLS
|BASED ON WORKKEYS ASSESSMENTS
The National Career Readiness Certificate ™ (NCRC®) is based on an individual's performance on three WorkKeys® skills assessments: Applied Mathematics, Locating Information, and Reading for Information. Scores on these assessments determine the certificate level - bronze, silver, gold, or platinum - an individual can earn.
These assessments measure a range of essential work skills, including the ability to:
- Perform basic mathematic operations relevant to the workplace.
- Read and understand documents commonly found in the workplace.
- Find information presented in common workplace graphics
- Set up and solve complex work-related math problems
- Determine the relevance of written information to work-related tasks.
- Apply information derived from graphics to work-related problems.
The NCRC gives individuals proof that they possess the skills employers deem essential to workplace success. This improves career outcomes for everyone from people just entering the workforce to longtime employees - and it enhances empoyers' hiring, training, and promotion decisions. Upon completion of this program state inmates are eligible to receive 30 days of program credit.